By Director General of
the Department of Statistics under
the Government of the Republic of Lithuania
No DĮ – 115 of 24 April 2007
THE DESCRIPTION OF THE ORDER OF ORGANIZATION OF COMPETENCES APPRAISAL OF THE OFFICIALS AND THE EMPLYEES, WORKING UNDER THE EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS, PARTICIPATING IN THE PREPARATION PROCESS OF THE STATISTICAL INFORMATION, OF THE DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS UNDER THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. The description (hereinafter referred to as the description) of the order of organization of competences appraisal (hereinafter referred to as the ‘appraisal’) of the officials and the employees, working under the employment contracts, participating in the process of the establishment of the statistical information (hereinafter referred to as the ‘employees’) shall regulate the organization of competences appraisal of the Department of Statistics under the Government of the Republic of Lithuania: preparation, execution, systematization and presentation of the results.
2. Competences appraisal shall be executed in May, once in two years.
- THE GOAL OF THE APPRAISAL
3. The appraisal shall be aimed to determine the compliance of the available competences necessary for the partial processes of the arrangement of the statistical information, to name the order of employees’ substitution.
- ORGANIZATION OF THE APPRAISAL
4. The Division of Personnel shall organize the appraisal.
5. The divisions, arranging the statistical information shall participate in the appraisal upon the approved list (Annex 1 of this description).
6. The direct leaders of the employees (Heads of the divisions and subdivision) together with the employees shall fill in the questionnaire of the appraisal (Annex 2). Heads of the divisions shall fill in their questionnaire of the appraisal by themselves and coordinate with the supervising Deputy Director General.
7. The questionnaires of the appraisal (Annex 2 of the description) shall be filled in till 20 May of the respective year and shall be presented to the Division of Personnel at least on 21 May.
- STRUCTURE OF QUESTIONNAIRE AND THE PROCESS OF THE APPRAISAL
8. The questionnaire of competences appraisal shall be used for the execution of the appraisal, consisting of the general, special and final parts (hereinafter referred to as the “questionnaire”).
9. The filling in of the questionnaire shall be started from the general part: the general information about the employee shall be filled in, general competences shall be appraised, the partial processes of the arrangement of statistical information shall be named, in which the Appraised employ takes part.
10. In the special part the correspondence to the available competences, necessary for the implementation of the partial processes of the arrangement of statistical information, of the Appraised employee shall be determined. The information shall be presented only at those partial processes, in which the Appraised employee participates and were indicated in the general part of the questionnaire. Only the competences shall be selected and appraised, which are necessary for the execution of the functions delegated to the employee.
10. Correspondence of the available and the needed competences shall be assessed by the scores from 1 till 4:
1 – not competent;
2 – slightly competent;
3 – partly competent;
4 – competent.
12. In the final part the officials and the employees, who might substitute an employee, if the latter is not able to perform his functions, shall be named in the final part.
- SUMMING UP AND PRESENTATION OF THE RESULTS OF THE APPRAISAL
13. The Division of Personnel shall analyze and sum up the results of the appraisal.
14. The results of the appraisal shall include the assessment of the available and the needed competences for the assessment, the determination of the status of substitution of employees.
15. The results of the analysis shall be presented to the leadership within three month after the research is finished.
- FINAL PROVISIONS
16. The results of the appraisal shall be documented according to the rules of documents management and recording, approved by Order No 88 of 28 December 2001 of Director General of the Department of the Lithuanian Archives under the Government of the Republic of Lithuania (Official Gazette 2002, No 5-211).
17. The generalized results of the appraisal shall be available on the Internet website of the Department of Statistics and shall be accessible for the whole staff.