What should go in the training library?
- Add to this library any materials that can be considered training materials-- not simply all the documents, papers and presentations produced by your section or at meetings organized by your section, but only those which will have a useful training function for others in national or international statistical organizations. This might mean that they could be used for self-learning, or recycled by others to deliver training sessions, etc.
- Please do not put lots of almost-identical materials in the library-- choose the best or the one which exemplifies the topic in the most broadly-applicable way (i.e. not specific to one country or office).
- If an entire meeting run by your section could be considered a training event, it may be better to add the details of that meeting as one entry in the library and provide a link to the meeting website, rather than adding each paper or presentation individually.
- Materials in this library do not have to be those written by UNECE or presented at UNECE events-- add others, so long as you cite the source and provide a link or other information about the ownership or copyright of the material (only do this with publicly-available materials, or with permission from authors).
How can I add material to the training library?
- After reading these instructions, create a new page using the button below (you may wish to keep the current page open to refer back to it)
- You will be prompted for a title. Give your entry a clear and concise title, remembering that you will be able to give more detail later on
- Fill in the fields of the template table as completely as possible with the requested information
- The main topic areas and sub-topics are mostly identical to those used in DISA (The Database of International Statistical Activities), with some minor changes as requested by individual sections
- In the 'Description/comments' field, aim for 5-10 lines as an abstract to help the user decide whether or not the material fits their needs
- Add links to the resource locations online
- Select the type of material and topic areas according to the instructions given
- Save your entry (you MUST save before uploading attachments or you will lose what you have entered)
- Re-enter edit mode and upload any attachments according to the instructions. You can add several attachments to one entry. Ensure the file names are those that you wish end-users to see. However, whenever possible, choose relatively stable, publicly accessible URLs (web links) rather than attachments.
How will my entry end up in the right place in the library?
- Your entry will be automatically sorted into the correct areas of the training library according to the options you select for type, topic and sub-topic. You don't need to do anything else!
- You can select more than one option, e.g. for a training material consisting of a software programme and its manual, select both 'document' and 'software'. A presentation about metadata for gender statistics should have both '1.1 Gender statistics' and '4.1 Metadata' selected.
- If you accidentally add the wrong labels and need to remove them, contact Fiona for help (unless you are already familiar with removing labels).
Error rendering macro 'create-page' : Cannot invoke method getKey() on null object
- If you have any problems, ask Fiona for assistance.