This is the place for people working in official statistics to share information and ideas about statistical metadata.
- The Common Metadata Framework - the four parts of this framework concentrate on different practical and theoretical aspects of statistical metadata systems, providing information for people working with statistical metadata. (See also: Common Metadata Framework Brochure - 500KB PDF)
- Metadata Case Studies - experiences and lessons learned concerning the development of statistical metadata systems in national and international statistical organizations
- The Generic Statistical Business Process Model (GSBPM) - harmonised terminology and a standard structure for describing statistical production. Documents and papers about the model and a discussion forum are available for information and comment
- The Generic Statistical Information Model (GSIM) - information about work in progress to define a generic information model to complement the GSBPM
- SDMX / DDI Dialogue - information about an initiative to explore how these two standards can be used in a complementary way within the statistical production process
- METIS Meetings - link to information about meetings and copies of papers and presentations
- The METIS Steering Group - This is the group responsible for developing the Common Metadata Framework, and organising METIS meetings
update.PNG Help us keep the repository of case studies up-to-date and relevant by reviewing your organization's contribution. If you don't have one, please consider adding one!
Version 1.0 of the Generic Statistical Information Model was released on schedule on 21 December 2012.