This is the place for people working in official statistics to share information and ideas about statistical metadata.
- The Common Metadata Framework - the four parts of this framework concentrate on different practical and theoretical aspects of statistical metadata systems, providing information for people working with statistical metadata. (See also: Common Metadata Framework Brochure - 500KB PDF)
- Metadata Case Studies - experiences and lessons learned concerning the development of statistical metadata systems in national and international statistical organizations
- The Generic Statistical Business Process Model (GSBPM) - this model, originally developed as part of the Common Metadata Framework, provides harmonised terminology and a standard structure for describing statistical production. Documents and papers about the model and a discussion forum are available for information and comment
- The Generic Statistical Information Model (GSIM) - information about work in progress to define a generic information model to complement the GSBPM
- The METIS Steering Group - This is the group responsible for developing the Common Metadata Framework, and organising METIS meetings.
METIS page on the main UNECE web site, with links to meetings and other resources.