A. Data Integration Project
- All information gathered through the survey will be hosted on the UNECE wiki. Respondents will be offered the choice of completing the survey on the wiki or through a more user friendly version provided by Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia.
- The wiki version will be available by end of September and the SORS version one week later.
- Analysis of responses/results will be provided on the wiki plus some more graphical/engaging results being provided by SORS.
- Project participants are continuing to provide information for the guide.
Risks and challenges
Delays in implementation of survey
Survey implementation has been delayed due to some technical challenges and project manager travel. Situation is under control.
A key goal is to gain a critical mass of survey responses to provide results and incorporate these into the guide for presentation at the November workshop. We would also like to use the workshop as an opportunity to gather further responses if possible.
B. Data Architecture Project
- New version of the Reference Architecture Document is available and will be shared with members and stakeholders.
- The group is discussing how to integrate the Data Architecture work with the United Nations Global Working Group on Big Data
Risks and challenges
C. Other Activities
News from the Groups
Capabilities and Communication
The following Task Forces have been working on:
a) Risk Management in the context of agile development
- preparation of training materials for the session on RM at the Efficiencies workshop that will be in September in Geneva and also for the UNECE seminar that will be in Georgia on 4-6 October 2017.
- preparation of the survey which was sent to the participants of the Efficiencies workshop in order to assess their level of knowledge on Risk Management and to divide them into correct groups for training.
b) Preparation of the workshop on implementing efficiencies and quality of output
- preparation for the workshop is in good order, most of the papers and presentations are received and could be viewed here: http://www.unece.org/index.php?id=45445
- the workshop has 49 registered participants.
c) Capabilities training progress
- preparation of completed detailed description for 5 out 15 topics by NSO of Ireland,
- Organizing Committee of the meeting on 'Statistical Data Editing' will help to define skills for two topics 'imputation and non - response' and 'statistical data editing'.
- during the workshop on Statistical Data Confidentiality, that will take place in Skopje on 20-22 September, we hope to get more help from the experts on the 'Statistical disclosure control skill'.
- ISTAT is collecting information from their register on National Accounts for training framework.
What do you think of this update? How can we improve it? Comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org