Welcome to the Statistics for SDGs Public Wiki!
This Wiki is maintained by the Conference of European Statisticians' Steering Group on Statistics for SDGs. It provides links to materials that become available during the Steering Group's work and that can be useful for countries and organization in the work related to statistics for SDGs. For questions or additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Organization of the CES Steering Group on SDGs
The 2015 plenary session of the Conference of European Statisticians (CES) decided to launch work on a Road Map for the development of official statistics for monitoring SDGs. To prepare the Road Map and monitor its implementation, the CES Bureau set up a Steering Group on Statistics for SDGs in October 2015.
The Road Map supports the implementation of the Declaration on the role of national statistical offices in measuring and monitoring SDGs, adopted by the CES in June 2015.
The Steering Group
The Steering Group is currently co-chaired by Poland and Sweden. UNECE acts as a secretariat of the Steering Group. The terms of reference, membership, and work programs can be found on this site.
Task groups are organized as needed to address in-depth topics identified by the Steering Group, according to its terms of reference. Statement of purpose, membership, and work programs can be found on the respective sites below.
- Task Force on National Reporting Platforms
- Task Team Communication
- CES Road Map on Statistics for SDGs - First Edition (ENG) (RUS) (SPA) (FRE)
- Self-assessment template for countries on availability of global SDG indicators (2017)
- Generic Road Map PPT for national customization (DEC 2017)
- Brief Narrative on CES Road Map (NOV 2017)
- Pilot Study on Data Flows: Draft Chapters 1-3 (OCT 2017)
- NEW! RM 2nd edition - draft extended outline - draft, please, send any comments to email@example.com
Meetings and Events
- Fourth Steering Group Meeting on Statistics for SDGs (18-19 September 2019, Cardiff) - available on private wiki
- Third Expert Meeting on Statistics for SDGs (15-16 April 2019, Geneva) - link
Third Workshop on Developing Statistical Capacity for SDGs (17-18 April 2019, Geneva) - link
- Third Steering Group Meeting on Statistics for SDGs (13-14 September 2018, St. Petersburg) - available on private wiki
Workshop on Reporting and Communicating Statistics for SDGs (16-17 April 2018, Geneva) -link
Second Expert Meeting on Statistics for SDGs (18-19 April 2018, Geneva) - link
Second Steering Group Meeting on Statistics for SDGs (13-14 December 2017, Warsaw) - available on private wiki
Workshop on Statistics for SDGs for Countries of Eastern Europe, Caucasus, Central Asia and Southeast Europe (12-13 April 2017, Geneva) - link
Expert Meeting on Statistics for SDGs (10-12 April 2017, Geneva) - link