Provide training activities to ensure that project members and stakeholders have the knowledge they need to do the work and make the decisions in relation to and required by the project.
The training could be a mixture of the required SDMX methodology, subject-matter, IT and tool aspects, etc. It should be geared to the needs of the project as closely as possible for efficiency.
For example, training courses for statisticians could be focused on the SDMX artefacts used by the data collector in the project (i.e. Data Structure Definitions, Reference Metadata, constraints, and data provisioning). The SDMX data modelling training could be very useful in order to organize data to fit to the best with DSDs provided.
The training courses for IT people could include:
- the SDMX specification of data messages to be exchanged;
- the SDMX technical notes;
- the clickable SDMX Information Model documentation
- the pull and push architecture and web services technologies;
- the SDMX tools that may be adopted for the internal architecture, such as SDMX-RI, CSPA services, SDMX Source, etc..
Training courses by external organisations (see. Eurostat courses) should also be considered.
A training plan deliverable should be part of the roadmap/work breakdown, and a project team member should be appointed the task of drafting it. It should be approved by the project team and stakeholders.
Output of this phase: a training plan for the project team and stakeholders.