The Regional Coordination Group on Data and Statistics for Europe and Central Asia was created in January 2020 in response to the recommendations of the UN Secretary General on the reform of the UN development system. It is co-chaired by UNECE (Steven Vale) and UNEP (Matthew Billot), and reports to the Conference of European Statisticians.
Member organizations: Eurasian Economic Commission, EFTA, Eurostat, FAO, IAEA, ILO, IOM, ITU, OECD/PARIS21, SESRIC, UNCTAD, UN-DCO, UNDP, UNDRR, UNECE, UNEP, UN-ESCAP, UNESCO, UNFPA, UNHCR, UNICEF, UNOPS, UN-Women, WHO, UN Country Teams
Activities and Outputs
- Capacity Development Activities Calendar
- Overview of population and housing censuses in the region - February 2022
- COVID-19 - Support for data and statistics in the region
- Is the UNECE region on-track for 2030?
- Report to the Conference of European Statisticians - June 2021
- Report to the Conference of European Statisticians - June 2020
- Report to the Committee of Chief Statisticians of the UN - March 2020
- System-wide Roadmap for Innovating UN Data and Statistics (Endorsed by UN Chief Executives Board 14 May 2020 - See Target 3.2)
- UN Data Strategy
- UNECE Knowledge Hub on SDG Statistics