Welcome to the web pages of EESW15, the fourth European Establishment Statistics Workshop
We thank the following associations and organisations for making the workshop possible through their sponsorship:
- International Association of Survey Statisticians
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office
- Statistics Netherlands
The workshop aims to provide a strong offering in latest results on methods and practices for producing business, economic and organisational statistics. The workshop gives the opportunity for official statistics methodologists, academic researchers and practitioners from the business sphere to interact with colleagues and exchange experiences on the topics of common interest, both through ample allocated discussion times and on the informal fringes of the workshop. The workshop covers best methodologies and practices for all stages of the statistical production process: specifying needs, designing sampling and estimation procedures, data collection instruments, building systems, collecting data, processing (including editing, imputation and estimation), analysis, dissemination, creating and using process data, quality measures, and so on.
We especially invite contributions on new developments such as:
• supra-national integration of business statistics
• improving consistency of business statistics over unit types
• design and maintenance of business registers from a statistical perspective
• business profiling: process and effects
• methodology for coordinated sampling frames
• estimation based on the combination of surveys and administrative data
• changes and trends in structure and organisation of businesses
• business statistics and national accounts.
Proposals addressing issues concerning statistical units were especially welcomed.
The workshop was held at the Poznań University of Economics, Poland. Previous EESWs have been held in Stockholm in 2009, in Neuchâtel in 2011, and in Nuremberg in 2013.
On behalf of the organisers