Workshop on the Dissemination and Communication of Statistics 7-11 September 2020, online.
The aim of the virtual meeting was to share examples of the COVID-19 response on Communication within the office and with stakeholders and users of our Statistical products during the crisis and in the area of Human Resources Management and Training. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and staff shortage at UNECE, the face-to-face workshop in Lisbon, Portugal, was cancelled. It was replaced by a virtual conference on the HRMT and Communication response to the Covid-19 pandemic in the week of 7-11 September.
The following topics were addressed during the virtual meeting:
- Communicating the impact of the crisis on existing products.
- Communicating about new products developed in response to the crisis, including providing services that are not traditionally delivered by National Statistical Offices.
- Communication with data providers and respondents.
- Internal communication in times of Covid-19 with respect to working remotely, safeguarding the heath of staff, and measures to ensure their well-being during this period.
- Remote recruitment, induction/onboarding and training and how to engage new staff during the confinement and in the ‘new’ normal and more permanent changes to our organisations in these activities.
Human Resources Management and Training
- How we quickly reacted to COVID-19 in terms of shifting our statistical works.
- How we change from traditional fixed office working hours to remote working and flexible hours.
- Remote training strategies and technical solutions.
- Managing staff performance and balancing work-life in times of the crisis.
- How to find work balance with private life during the confinements.
- Impact and new arrangements in the ‘new’ normal way of working and accommodate and manage a wider variety of working arrangements and expectations.